This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IA32 bootstrap error
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:24:00 -0800
- Subject: Re: IA32 bootstrap error
- References: <10112302207.AA06571@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 05:07:37PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Do you mean you consider GDB not supporting those things a bug?
Yes. Or that perhaps that there is a gcc bug in the emission
of the dwarf2 info, I don't know that any other instances have
been shown to be gdb bugs for certain.
> So there is *no* version of GDB that will work?
The gdb from cvs head mostly works. There are still situations
in which no local variables are found, but they're rarer. The
most irritating bug at the moment is a gdb segfault when printing
some C++ classes.
> If so, how do you expect people to do work on GCC on IA32?
Use cvs gdb. And cvs binutils.
It's all one product, you see. If the parts of the toolchain
are not tested together then it's virtually certain that they
won't work together.