This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IA32 bootstrap error
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 30 Dec 2001 23:20:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: IA32 bootstrap error
- References: <10112302207.AA06571@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Richard Kenner) writes:
|> On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 12:36:13PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
|> > I'm in exactly the same situation and also wondering if it's such a
|> > good idea to use a Dwarf format that not only isn't understood by GDBs
|> > that lots of people have around, but where GDB fails by ignoring *all*
|> > symbols.
|> I'm of the opinion that it'll never get fixed otherwise.
|> Fixed? I don't follow. Do you mean you consider GDB not supporting
|> those things a bug? So there is *no* version of GDB that will work?
Current CVS of gdb should work.
Andreas Schwab "And now for something
Andreas.Schwab@suse.de completely different."
SuSE Labs, SuSE GmbH, Schanzäckerstr. 10, D-90443 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5