This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC build failed for native with your patch on 2001-12-29T23:23:46Z.
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>, Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 17:17:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: GCC build failed for native with your patch on 2001-12-29T23:23:46Z.
Geoff, why are you sure that Kenner's patch is the cause of the
failure? I just spent the day backing out patches which are causing
failures on AIX. Kenner's patches had no effect. Rth's patch earlier in
the day was the culprit on AIX. This is also how I interpret the tester
error message, that the failure existed prior to Kenner's patch.
Kenner's patch may have problems, but I believe that you are
blaming the wrong person for the bootstrap failure.
If you look at the tester logs, the first message which reports a
build error only include Jakub and Rth's patches, not Kenner's. I have
tracked the error to Rth's patch. Please get your facts correct before
you start blaming people.
GCC build failed for native with your patch on 2001-12-29T20:44:11Z.