This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch installed for gcc and java dir const-ification
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 28 Dec 2001 13:48:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch installed for gcc and java dir const-ification
- References: <200112280259.VAA25796@caip.rutgers.edu>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Kaveh" == Kaveh R Ghazi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Kaveh> Sure. But when I ran 3.0.1 through gen-table.pl the output was
Kaveh> vastly different from the old chartables.h. It had a whole
Kaveh> bunch of (char*)0 extra lines and somehow a parsing error got
Kaveh> inserted so it wouldn't compile. I think the gen-table.pl
Kaveh> script encounters some input that it didn't expect and doesn't
Kaveh> yield valid C code.
Thanks. The Unicode data tables aren't always 100% reliable -- and
neither is gen-table.pl. I'll look into this at some point.
Kaveh> Okay to install?
Do I have the power to approve this? I don't know. In libgcj we
follow the rule "if you wrote it, you own it". If this holds
elsewhere, then this patch is fine.
Kaveh> -#ifndef CHARTABLES_H
Kaveh> -#define CHARTABLES_H
Kaveh> +#ifndef GCC_CHARTABLES_H
Kaveh> +#define GCC_CHARTABLES_H
Is `CHARTABLES_H' more correct? We could change the script here too.