This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimize/3508
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 16:53:11 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR optimize/3508
On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:46:03PM -0700, Roger Sayle wrote:
> > * builtins.c (expand_builtin_memcmp): Optimize memcmp built-in
> > when all arguments are known constant. Fixes PR opt/3508.
> > * gcc.c-torture/execute/string-opt-16.c: New testcase.
> Not sure how many more of these I'll take, since we're supposed
> to be in bug fix only mode. This, however, was simple enough to
> be obvious.
Many thanks. I realise it was a borderline case, and only submitted
the patch because it had an open PR. I'll stick to medium and high
priority PRs for the rest of the freeze.