This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Properly take address of SAVE_EXPR
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: per at bothner dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 22 Dec 01 18:35:13 EST
- Subject: Re: Properly take address of SAVE_EXPR
Does it actually make any sense to take the address of a SAVE_EXPR?
I.e. is a SAVE_EXPR an lvalue? If so, please document what it
means in tree.def, because I have no idea.
You don't only take addresses of things that are lvalues.
You can take the address of a constant, for example.