This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: Fix for PR java/4766
- From: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:20:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: Patch: Fix for PR java/4766
- References: <email@example.com>
Tom Tromey wrote:
> For PR java/4766:
> * jcf-write.c (generate_bytecode_insns) [TRY_FINALLY_EXPR]: Handle
case where `finally' clause can't complete normally.
This is OK.
(1) This patch is basically an optimization. If we just added a
if (CAN_COMPLETE_NORMALLY (finally)) before the 'ret', would that
work (though less efficiently)? Otherwise, I'm wondering if we're
just papering over some more subtle bug.
(2) Does the compiler reject now reject the invalid bytecode (as
generated by the old compiler) with a reasonable error message?
Otherwise I wouldn't consider the PR fully fixed.