This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Darwin FP constant peephole (again)
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 18 Dec 2001 18:10:58 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Darwin FP constant peephole (again)
- References: <34B47D48-F424-11D5-98AF-003065C86F94@apple.com>
> > do these have to be conditionally compiled? We're trying to cut down
> > on conditionally compiled code when possible.
> The other one has to be because of machopic_function_base_name(), at
> least that's the easiest way to deal with it and consistent with all
> the other places where it's referenced. This one doesn't have to, but
> they go together, so it seems cleaner to me to have this one conditional
iirc, config/darwin.c is outside of config/rs6000/ because it may be
used for non ppc targets. from the comments in
machopic_function_base_name(), it seems like this is only a ppc thing.
so maybe it makes sense to move it out of darwin.c and into rs6000.c,
thus allowing the above code to be unconditionalized.
not being nitpicky, just wishing we had less conditionally compiled
Aldy Hernandez E-mail: email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.