This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: add new transformations in cse
- From: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:11:26 -0500
- Subject: Re: PATCH: add new transformations in cse
On Tuesday, December 18, 2001, at 08:02 , Dale Johannesen wrote:
> If sizeof(int)==2, then -(-32768) == -32768
> and the result comes out correct.
Yes, of course, you're right.
For IEEE floating point there should be no problem either here.