This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] PowerPC prefetch
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:52:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] PowerPC prefetch
On Tuesday, December 18, 2001, at 01:25 PM, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Does this look like the correct implementation of the prefetch
> pattern for PowerPC?
I think you want dcbtst not dcbst. Otherwise looks OK.
> If the pattern could actually see the MEM, we could handle loops
> better by using the two operands to dcbt for the base+index addressing.
True, but I don't see how to do it either.