This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libf2c: use -objectlist instead of convenience libraries
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Toon Moene <moene at knmi dot nl>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:01:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: libf2c: use -objectlist instead of convenience libraries
Using -libtool's -objectlist is creating massive object file
commandlines again which is exactly what my suggestion to use convenience
libaries was trying to avoid.
With convenience libraries, libtool would link against the entire
library, if that mode was available, not extract each object file. This
has returned to the same problem that I had fixed.