This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add target hook in C front end
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <zack at codesourcery dot com>, <rth at redhat dot com>, <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:16:30 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add target hook in C front end
On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Eric Christopher wrote:
> So, where are we with this? We appear to have some argument about the
> usefulness of save-temps on cross platform. Is there anything else in the
> way here?
(a) There is nothing MIPS-specific about the issue, a fix must be
architecture-independent, arranging that on all architectures that
__SIZE_TYPE__ agrees with the internal size_t without the fragility of
(b) It is well-established that __SIZE_TYPE__ is a macro, not a typedef,
expanding to the normal C name of the relevant type. This is, for
example, relied on in the format checking tests to determine the
corresponding signed type. Did your patch pass c99-scanf-1.c?
Joseph S. Myers