This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 01 13:04:51 EST
- Subject: Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
If it is not worth it to the Ada contributors to create new tests
that can be checked in to GCC to prevent that from happenning,
that is OK with me.
It's not a matter of "worth it", but that the ACTATS suite is very large and
complex. Laurent Guerby is working on it, but, like everybody else, is
a volunteer and has "a day job".
My point was just that there is no point in creating tests (which we have
no place to put anyway) if the original test is already something that is
planned to be in place, either the library or the ACATS tests.
I do agree that it would be nice to also have public test cases corresponding
to the several thousand tests based on proprietary code submitted to ACT
by its customers, but this is a tremendous amount of work.