This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to set sizes and smaller types for mode/rtx arrays
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:15:25 -0800
- Subject: Re: Patch to set sizes and smaller types for mode/rtx arrays
- References: <200112170259.VAA03011@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 09:59:04PM -0500, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> I.e. "unsigned int < unsigned int - unsigned int" doesn't warn,
> whereas "unsigned int < unsigned char - unsigned char" does.
Arithmetic with unsigned short and unsigned char is promoted to int.