This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:12:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
- References: <10112170240.AA20655@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 09:40:55PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> The normal way to do this is to start from scratch, knowing what the
> bug is. The problem is that it's usually very difficult to work
> backwards all the way up to the Ada source level due to all the
> transformations that occur in between.
Yes, that is the normal way.
Are you not even going to try? To date you've not ever
produced a single test case when asked.