This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: use posix_spawn in pexecute
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at frob dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:00:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: use posix_spawn in pexecute
- References: <20011217005032.B0EB31B9F3@perdition.linnaean.org>
On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 07:50:32PM -0500, Roland McGrath wrote:
> This patch to libiberty makes the `pexecute' function use the POSIX.1
> <spawn.h> interfaces (`posix_spawn' or `posix_spawnp') instead of fork and
> exec, when configure finds the <spawn.h> functions available.
Wouldn't your time be better spent speeding up fork() than tediously
patching every single user-space application that uses it?