This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 01 21:40:55 EST
- Subject: Re: Fix stupid error in my last change to highest_pow2_factor
Then you should write a new test that is not proprietary
that provokes the same bug.
When feasable, yes, but it usually isn't as Robert has said before.
It's very hard for somebody who has seen copyrighted code to write
something similar that doesn't violate that copyright.
The normal way to do this is to start from scratch, knowing what the
bug is. The problem is that it's usually very difficult to work
backwards all the way up to the Ada source level due to all the
transformations that occur in between.