This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATH] PR 5126, fix for m68k PIC optimization bug
- From: Steve Woodford <steve at mctavish dot co dot uk>
- To: Roman Zippel <zippel at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:15:35 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: [PATH] PR 5126, fix for m68k PIC optimization bug
On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Roman Zippel wrote:
> How should this be done in legitimize_pic_address?
> Anyway, with a prologue/epilogue pattern the pic load is nicely
> optimized away, what might be the most elegant solution. I hope to have
> these patches ready for submission soon, but until then I think your
> first suggestion is the easiest solution.
After looking more closely at gcc-current, the problem has been worked
around since revision 1.33 of m68k.c, so my statement in the PR that
gcc-current is affected is false. Release 2.95. are still affected
Andreas Schwab (who committed 1.33) may be able to shed some more light on
the reason for the change.
FWIW, I've just committed the patch in PR 5126 to NetBSD's 2.95.3 source
in lieu of a proper fix.