This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATH] PR 5126, fix for m68k PIC optimization bug
- From: Roman Zippel <zippel at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at mediaone dot net>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, steve at mctavish dot co dot uk
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:50:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATH] PR 5126, fix for m68k PIC optimization bug
- References: <20011215160826.A14274@mediaone.net> <20011215181115.D8758@redhat.com>
Richard Henderson wrote:
> We need to either obey current_function_uses_pic_offset_table
> everywhere (meaning m68k_output_function_prologue must save
> this register above), or we must take special care to update
> regs_ever_live during reload in legitimize_pic_address. If we
> do the later, it is likely that current_function_uses_pic_offset_table
> is obsolete.
How should this be done in legitimize_pic_address?
Anyway, with a prologue/epilogue pattern the pic load is nicely
optimized away, what might be the most elegant solution. I hope to have
these patches ready for submission soon, but until then I think your
first suggestion is the easiest solution.