This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to use American spelling in messages
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:22:25 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Patch to use American spelling in messages
On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> So, how come GCC is being americanized? Was it decided that the majority
> of GCC developers and/or users speak american as opposed to
> international english? And do they have trouble understanding us?
American spelling was the style established by RMS. This has already been
Joseph S. Myers