This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cprop testing
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 00:38:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: cprop testing
With the current version of the cprop optimization in CVS, my
bootstrap on AIX has a miscompare of every object file. If I disable the
new cprop optimization, things work fine.
I appreciate your efforts to fix this, but none of the follow-on
patches have resolved the bootstrap failure. The bootstrap failure now is
different in that compiling expmed.c does not fail with an ICE, but
something still is wrong.
I would like to ask that toplev.c be change to not include this
optimization algorithm in any default -Ox optimization levels until it is
fixed. Having AIX bootstrap broken for four days with a known culprit is