This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] enable gnu locales on linux
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 00:04:47 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [v3] enable gnu locales on linux
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> This makes --enable-clocale=gnu default for linux when glibc-2.2.x is found.
> This will remove 19 expected failures and turn them to unexpected passes.
> I'll wait 12 hrs. for objections before checking this in. I expect none.
Here's one (a bit late for your too-narrow objection window, I
know): Are you absolutely sure there can't be (and never will
be) substrings matching "ok" in <features.h>? I'd think the gcc
installation path *could* be present in "#"-lines and might
spuriously match in an AC_EGREP_CPP construct. (Particularly
I suggest emitting and grepping for a string less probable to
spuriously match, say "GLIBCPP_advanced_clocale_ok".