This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: cvs.html
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>, Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 20:06:50 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: cvs.html
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> You have to edit all of the CVS/Root files to point to the new
> server. Scripts have been posted for this in the past. Something
> like this (untested!) should work:
> perl -pi.bak -e 's|\@gcc\.gnu\.org/cvs|\@subversions\.gnu\.org/cvsroot|' \
> $(find . -name Root | grep CVS/Root)
> - replacing gcc\.gnu\.org with the appropriate hostname, whatever you
> happen to have in your CVS/Root files. They're all the same for any
> given checkout.
> It may also be necessary to tweak the CVS/Repository files, I'm not
We already have a contrib/newcvsroot script in tree, which we should
mention in any message asking people to change (giving the right command
line to use with it), which should suffice for anyone with a POSIX shell
such as bash or ksh.
Joseph S. Myers