This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Mailing list usage (was: libiberty: purge MPW support)
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Alex Rosenberg <alexr at apple dot com>
- Cc: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 17:08:50 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Mailing list usage (was: libiberty: purge MPW support)
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Alex Rosenberg wrote:
> Apologies for the late reply, but I formerly only read the gcc list, not
> gcc-patches. I had presumed that anything that required any discussion
> like removal of a host/target would be discussed there.
Personally, I strongly second this point!
All major decisions and changes, like abandoning ports or frontends,
should be announced and discussed on email@example.com not one of the
other mailing lists.
Ideally, firstname.lastname@example.org should be sufficient to follow the major
trends and important news in GCC's development process.
If this is also the general consensus, I'd be willing to add something
to our web pages concerning this.
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/