This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH to setup_vtbl_ptr
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:00:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH to setup_vtbl_ptr
--On Wednesday, December 12, 2001 06:44:29 PM +0000 Jason Merrill
>>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
>>> Tested i686-pc-linux-gnu on the 3.0 branch. Mark, this is a regression
>>> from 2.95; is the patch OK for 3.0.3?
>> Yes. I found your patch a little tricky to read because I wasn't sure
>> whether setup_vtbl_ptr could ever get called for something that
>> wasn't a constructor or destructor. You are assuming that never happens,
>> and I think you are right.
> Actually, it is called for all functions.
Oh, because the parser calls it from nodecls? Ugh.
Perhaps we should just call keep_next_level there...
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com