This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH to setup_vtbl_ptr
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:44:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH to setup_vtbl_ptr
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
>> Tested i686-pc-linux-gnu on the 3.0 branch. Mark, this is a regression
>> from 2.95; is the patch OK for 3.0.3?
> Yes. I found your patch a little tricky to read because I wasn't sure
> whether setup_vtbl_ptr could ever get called for something that
> wasn't a constructor or destructor. You are assuming that never happens,
> and I think you are right.
Actually, it is called for all functions. For non-[cd]tors, the only
thing it does is keep_next_level (1). Which does seem like it should go
somewhere else, but where?
> ? Also the comment above setup_vtbl_ptr speaks complete fiction,
Why, so it does. Will fix.