This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to fix simplify_subreg ICE
- From: Alan Matsuoka <alanm at cygnus dot com>
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-local at cygnus dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:43:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: Patch to fix simplify_subreg ICE
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <200112111941.LAA07821@cygnus.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, email@example.com wrote:
> > Um , this seems to be part of the d10v wierdness.
> > What happens is that simplify_subreg complains about
> [ ... ]
> > where GET_MODE (op) is CCrev. Innermode is HImode.
> > op is
> > (ne:CC_REV (reg:CC_REV 35 f0)
> > (const_int 0 [0x0]))
> > It looks like it's trying to simplify this when it can't. Perhaps I didn't
> > describe the problem correctly.
> I think you described the problem, but the solution is wrong.
I just realized that. Richard pointed out the same thing. Doh!!
> You're testing the operation (NE above), not the mode. If the problem is
> we shouldn't be generating SUBREGS for a CCmode thingie, then the test
> needs to be checking the mode of the operation, not the opcode.
Red Hat Canada, Ltd
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (416) 482-2661 x250 / Fax: (416) 482-6299