This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to fix simplify_subreg ICE
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: alanm at cygnus dot com
- Cc: gcc-local at cygnus dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:41:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch to fix simplify_subreg ICE
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
> Um , this seems to be part of the d10v wierdness.
> What happens is that simplify_subreg complains about
[ ... ]
> where GET_MODE (op) is CCrev. Innermode is HImode.
> op is
> (ne:CC_REV (reg:CC_REV 35 f0)
> (const_int 0 [0x0]))
> It looks like it's trying to simplify this when it can't. Perhaps I didn't
> describe the problem correctly.
I think you described the problem, but the solution is wrong.
You're testing the operation (NE above), not the mode. If the problem is
we shouldn't be generating SUBREGS for a CCmode thingie, then the test
needs to be checking the mode of the operation, not the opcode.