This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ebcdic support for binutils...
- From: esp5 at rama dot comp dot pge dot com
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, dj at delorie dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:38:57 -0800
- Subject: Re: ebcdic support for binutils...
- References: <20011207154711.C21593@rama.comp.pge.com> <200112080026.fB80QY725837@envy.delorie.com> <20011210175038.A10736@rama.comp.pge.com> <200112110226.fBB2QwI07028@envy.delorie.com>
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 09:26:58PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> If configure doesn't pick up your linker, you can do this:
> LD=whatever ../src/configure
oh yeah... i knew that... *never mind*...
> Why no patch for libiberty/hex.c also?
I looked at it, at least in 2.11.2, and libiberty/hex.c looked like:
void hex_init ()
for (i = 0; i < _hex_array_size; i++)
_hex_value[i] = _hex_bad;
for ( i = 0; i < 10; i++ )
_hex_value['0' + i] = i;
for ( i = 0; i < 6; i++ )
_hex_value['a' + i] = _hex_value['A' + i] = 10 + i;
which seems to be portable to me...
Anyways, again, it configures, and I've gotten to the point where it says:
*** ld does not support target i370-ibm-openedition
*** see ld/configure.tgt for supported targets
Configure in /u/mdss/esp5/builds/binutils-2.11.2.new/ld failed, exiting.
Looking inside of configure.txt, I see a bunch of emulation modes. However,
the values for targ_emul that points to a shell script containing emulation
parameters for the given system.
So - how do you find out what these parameters are supposed to be? Or, more
important, how do you make use of these parameters (ie: what source do you get