This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Provide macro to override limiting field alignment
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Fred Forsman <forsman at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:59:02 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Provide macro to override limiting field alignment
- References: <C1A0AA54-EDCD-11D5-8758-003065D6E640@apple.com>
On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 04:26:44PM -0800, Fred Forsman wrote:
> This patch introduces a macro (LIMIT_FIELD_ALIGN) to limit the alignment
> of fields to maximum_field_alignment.
Are you suggesting that perhaps "#pragma pack(N)" shouldn't do exactly
what the user told us to do? This doesn't seem well conceived.