This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Don't apply default conversions to C switch expressions
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:45:37 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Don't apply default conversions to C switch expressions
> Use the standard, not the Rationale. 184.108.40.206#5 clearly states that
> "The integer promotions are performed on the controlling expression.".
My apologies. I formally withdraw the proposed patch. It appears that
the freely available documentation doesn't accurately reflect the final
ratified standards in this respect. I also agree with Joseph that he
resubmit/apply his patch to avoid calling get_unwidened. Perhaps together
with my switch-2.c testcase, replacing dg-warning with dg-bogus to
ensure that the promoted and not the truncated values are used when
testing for duplicate cases.