This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FIX rs6000 -mpower
- From: Tom Rix <trix at redhat dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:59:09 -0600
- Subject: Re: FIX rs6000 -mpower
- References: <200112101608.LAA25018@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
> >>>>> Tom Rix writes:
> Tom> No this is not a user error.
> Tom> New nnemonics are used by default.
> Tom> Look at aix43.h
> Tom> #define TARGET_DEFAULT MASK_NEW_MNEMONICS.
> Tom> I looked at -mcpu=power, it passes because it fixes this in
> Tom> rs6000_override_options.
> TARGET_DEFAULT is MASK_NEW_MNEMONICS because the default for AIX
> is common mode -- neither MASK_POWERPC nor MASK_POWER defined. The
> default mnemonics for common mode is the new mnemonics.
> It is defaulting to MASK_NEW_MENMONICS because that is the only
> macro that needs to be set for the common mode architecture, not because
> it is defaulting to new mnemonics in a vacuum.
> Again, this is user error. This patch is never going in.
The user then has to explictly do
to override the implict
When this corrected for the user if the user does