This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FIX rs6000 -mpower
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Tom Rix <trix at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:08:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: FIX rs6000 -mpower
>>>>> Tom Rix writes:
Tom> No this is not a user error.
Tom> New nnemonics are used by default.
Tom> Look at aix43.h
Tom> #define TARGET_DEFAULT MASK_NEW_MNEMONICS.
Tom> I looked at -mcpu=power, it passes because it fixes this in
TARGET_DEFAULT is MASK_NEW_MNEMONICS because the default for AIX
is common mode -- neither MASK_POWERPC nor MASK_POWER defined. The
default mnemonics for common mode is the new mnemonics.
It is defaulting to MASK_NEW_MENMONICS because that is the only
macro that needs to be set for the common mode architecture, not because
it is defaulting to new mnemonics in a vacuum.
Again, this is user error. This patch is never going in.