This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unreviewed C++ patch for PA (HP assembler)
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- To: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 22:30:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: Unreviewed C++ patch for PA (HP assembler)
- References: <email@example.com> <200112081728.fB8HS2B6012150@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 12:28:02PM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> > > g++.jason/template31.C
> > > /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Duplicate symbol "std::__malloc_alloc_template<0>::__malloc_alloc_oom_handler" in files /var/tmp//cc8IHMur.o and /xxx/gnu/gcc-3.1/objdir/hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11//libstdc++-v3/src/.libs/libstdc++.a(stl-inst.o)
> > Try removing the explicit instantiations from the testcase.
> Is this revision OK for the main? It fixes the problem on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11
> with the HP assembler.
This should be okay; we need to be testing library instantiations in the
library testsuite anyhow, rather than in the compiler testsuite. (I have
a larval-stage testcase for allocators, but we need to finish deciding
what to do with allocator design first, before any of it will be of use.)
Jason or Mark will need to approve the change.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams