This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: this$<n> initialization -vs- verification
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at email dot byu dot edu>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 22:04:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch: this$<n> initialization -vs- verification
- Organization: BYU Student
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3C12EBEF.4310FFC1@email.byu.edu> <email@example.com>
Tom Tromey wrote:
> I don't see this text in my edition of the JVMS.
> When was this added? Is there a new JVMS book available?
That's from the 2nd edition, published in 99, available online and for
I don't have the print edition myself; so I can't refer to page numbers,
just sections. The second edition of both the JVMS and JLS came out
near the same time, and both cover inner classes more robustly than the
whitepaper appendix to the first edition JLS.
This signature intentionally left boring.
Eric Blake firstname.lastname@example.org
BYU student, free software programmer