This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ pcc struct return fix
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 11:00:56 +0000
- Subject: Re: C++ pcc struct return fix
- References: <200112080454.fB84sYpm010722@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
>>>>> "John" == John David Anglin <email@example.com> writes:
>> Did we ever reach resolution on this issue?
>> In particular, did we get a patch approved for the mainline? For
>> the 3.0 branch? Is there a patch that needs review, but that hasn't
>> been reviewed? (If so, send it to me, and I will review it.)
> Jason approved the patch to semantics.c but asked that the comment
> about DIRECT_BIND in cp-tree.h reflect this usage. So, I sent this
I would say "It also forces direct-initialization in cases where other
parts of the compiler have already generated a temporary, such as reference
initialization and the catch parameter."
> Is this OK? Jason didn't say anything about the branch in his response.
It's also OK for the branch.