This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ pcc struct return fix
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell)
- Cc: jason at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 23:54:34 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: C++ pcc struct return fix
> Did we ever reach resolution on this issue?
> In particular, did we get a patch approved for the mainline? For
> the 3.0 branch? Is there a patch that needs review, but that hasn't
> been reviewed? (If so, send it to me, and I will review it.)
Jason approved the patch to semantics.c but asked that the comment
about DIRECT_BIND in cp-tree.h reflect this usage. So, I sent this
Is this OK? Jason didn't say anything about the branch in his response.
Personally, the reason that I would like this on the branch is that
it takes about half the memory to build as the main, and thus is
better suited to machines with small amounts of memory. However,
getting it in 3.0.3 isn't an urgent priority, particularly if a
3.0.4 is planned.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)