This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IEEE 754 and fused-madd (was: Re: patch: rs6000 specific)
- From: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: dalej at apple dot com (Dale Johannesen)
- Cc: dalej at apple dot com (Dale Johannesen), shebs at apple dot com (Stan Shebs), lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dje at watson dot ibm dot com (David Edelsohn)
- Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 21:00:09 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: IEEE 754 and fused-madd (was: Re: patch: rs6000 specific)
> All right, so I need to generate additional FMA patterns by modifying
> Our FP expert says all the required transformations are IEEE-compliant.
> Before I get too far into it, does anybody want to dispute this? Here are
> the patterns. The claim is that each of them can be transformed safely
> into the first one in its group.
The transformations that are not IEEE safe can be applied when
flag_unsafe_math_optimizations is true.