This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Volatile MEMs in statement expressions and functions inlined as trees
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: schwab at suse dot de
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, torvalds at transmeta dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 01 18:35:04 EST
- Subject: Re: Volatile MEMs in statement expressions and functions inlined as trees
6.5.15 [#3] ... An assignment expression has the value of the left operand
after the assignment, ...
For me this implies that a volatile object must be reloaded.
"has the value of" does not imply "is read from" to me. That can be read to
say that it must have the same value *as if* it were re-read.