This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ada runtime 64 bit fixes
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: fw at deneb dot enyo dot de
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 01 17:42:09 EST
- Subject: Re: Ada runtime 64 bit fixes
This looks like a bug to me. It's a documented feature of GNAT that C
long and Ada Long_Integer have got the same representation.
When possible. VMS has a vendor Ada compiler and Long_Integer and C long
on it don't agree. So the question is whether to be compatible with the
vendor Ada compiler or with C, since both can't be done. The former
was the choice due to code compatibility issues.