This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Possible problem wiht nonoverlapping_component_refs_p
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:26:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: Possible problem wiht nonoverlapping_component_refs_p
- References: <10112061855.AA02224@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 01:55:11PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Err, we _should_ be able to compute the field's offset within the
> union, since we have all of the intermediate fields.
> Well, which field?
I meant the one at the "end".
> There may be array references in the middle.
If the indicies are constants, then we can still compute an offset.
Otherwise we have an unknown offset and have to consider that the
two union references overlap.