This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrap broken
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 01 14:36:48 EST
- Subject: Re: Bootstrap broken
You might consider automating more of this with a script.
I did, but the risk there is higher. It's far worse to commit *more* than
was intended than to commit less. The latter case is easily noticed and
corrected but the former is not.
There are certain things I feel *much* safer doing manually and applying
patches is one of them.