This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH Re: mangling of '$' / DOLLARS_IN_IDENTIFIERS cleanup
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
- Cc: Adam Megacz <gcc at lists dot megacz dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:58:02 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH Re: mangling of '$' / DOLLARS_IN_IDENTIFIERS cleanup
- References: <email@example.com> <3C0D88C9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 03:39:05PM +1300, Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> The problem seems to stem from Java assuming that NO_DOLLAR_IN_LABEL
> meant that the target didn't support dollars in labels, which isn't
> actually the case.
It's supposed to be the case. Unfortunately, Linux (and perhaps
some others) defined NO_DOLLAR_IN_LABEL in order to preserve
mangling compatibility with previous versions of gcc.
Given that the current mangler doesn't look at this at all, we
should just fix those places that incorrectly define NO_DOLLAR_IN_LABEL.