This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: style.mhtml -- add <link rev="made"...>
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 14:39:42 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: style.mhtml -- add <link rev="made"...>
On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> While on FSF-mandated style trivia: is it an FSF requirement that the
> footer in style.mhtml use (C) rather than a proper copyright symbol
Not explicitely, though we should use the standard headers and footers
with as little change as possible. The proper way to have this changed
would be to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to first make this
change on their pages, but right now I have some other change requests
in my queue...
> It seems rather silly to use an ASCII approximation with no legal
> significance rather than the proper symbol when that is available in
IANAL, but I cannot imagine that it makes a difference from a legal point
of view whether one uses © or (C).
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/