This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] make DWARF2_DEBUG the default for ELF platforms.
- From: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "David O'Brien" <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:25:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] make DWARF2_DEBUG the default for ELF platforms.
- References: <20011205145526.A7125@dragon.nuxi.com><20011205145526.A7125@dragon.nuxi.com>
At 07:44 06.12.2001, Richard Henderson wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 02:55:26PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> > * elfos.h (PREFERRED_DEBUGGING_TYPE): Change to DWARF2_DEBUG.
>I think this is ok.
>If indeed MIPS is broken wrt dwarf2, then it should be fixed,
>but that is a separate issue. Anyhow, I thought somewhat was
>doing regular irix builds, and that always uses dwarf2...
Hmm, while doing the initial elfos.h detangling, it appeared to me that we
have a lot of #define/#undef/#define sequences scattered around in the
various headers and so it might be a good idea to split out the defines for
each debugging format into a separate header and let the last included one
decide what is the preferred debugging format? What do you think about that?
Another possibility would be something like a
$tm_prefdbg_define="DWARF2_DEBUG" in config.gcc.