This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Darwin specific 1-liners (1)
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>
- Cc: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, dalej at apple dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 22:20:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Darwin specific 1-liners (1)
This optimization recommendation is why I changed all PowerPC
indirect calls to prefer CTR over LR over a year ago.
Is this macro the right way to deal with GCC using LR or should
the register preferences be modified? Whichever method we choose, I think
this would be useful for all PowerPC systems.