This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Darwin-specific 1-liners (2)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:43:20 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Darwin-specific 1-liners (2)
- References: <AFFEB69C-E9B5-11D5-8923-003065C86F94@apple.com>
On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 11:24:22AM -0800, Dale Johannesen wrote:
> Set BRANCH_COST to 1, which better reflects the hardware docs
> and is an empirical improvement.
Surely this is cpu specific and has nothing to do with Darwin.
Moreover, this will disable a lot of ifcvt.c; did you do your
performance testing with gcc 3.x or with some earlier version?