This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ICE outputting unaligned fp constant on powerpc-apple-darwin5.1
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Stuart Hastings <stuart at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:36:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: ICE outputting unaligned fp constant on powerpc-apple-darwin5.1
- References: <EC9C21F5-E9AD-11D5-895D-003065B96402@apple.com>
On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 10:28:48AM -0800, Stuart Hastings wrote:
> There are several possible fixes, all unpalatable. Either we 1) delete
> the check, 2) pass down more information to facilitate a smarter
> check, or 3) conditionalize it away for PPC.
(4) Remove support for assembler directives to emit fp constants
and instead just render the fp constant as integers. That's what
most of the ASM_OUTPUT_DOUBLE etc macros do anyway.