This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Minor tweak to function.c:keep_stack_depressed
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 01 16:49:47 EST
- Subject: Re: Minor tweak to function.c:keep_stack_depressed
There are a number of bugs here. Not the least of which is
failing to honor EPILOGUE_USES or tracking which registers
are being used as temporaries by the epilogue itself.
This temporary is only live for one instruction: the one that loads
the register that SP depends on (usually FP). So unless it's used in
that SET_SRC, it has to be safe.
I agree I need to check for that case, though.