This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Add more altivec builtins
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>, gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 05 Dec 2001 11:34:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Add more altivec builtins
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 11:25, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> On 5 Dec 2001, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
> > - __builtin_types_compatible_p for overloaded functions in C
> > (done, but i need to correct lots of documentation and
> > testing issues that Joseph pointed out).
> Also the point that the companion built-in function __builtin_choose_expr
why do we need this companion function? is it absolutely necessary?
can't we achieve the same functionality with stmt expressions?
> ought to ignore errors in the unused half, which needs the diagnostic
> machinery from the new C++ parser branch. (I think that diagnostic
> machinery might be safe to merge onto the mainline now, if you want to do
> this before 3.1, unlike the new parser itself.)
i'm not planning on doing a c++ version of it, rth suggested this
wasn't necessary because c++ already has real overloading and templates,
so we don't need it for c++. i will be provididng a c++ variant of
> Joseph S. Myers
Aldy Hernandez E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.